Saturday, February 20, 2016

The Right Hand

“I’ll raise my hand and make the sign!”

“By doing so, you cross the line.
Your branch is wild, I am not fooled.
It must be cut, it will be pulled.”
“Dear Lord I forthwith understand
The meaning of the word ‘command.’
In Bountiful you sang the tone
Of how Thy house is built on stone.”
“I’m following the men in white!”

“Why do you seek to shun the light?
The curses spoke by prophets blind
Will be restored to all their kind.”
“I hope that others come along
Who play the lyre and sing the song.
My family name was blest, not marred.
When I agreed, we were not barred."
“I cast the vote and set my stance!”

“That was it: your final chance.
Swiftly comes the whirling wind:
‘Upon my house it shall begin.’”

My Spirit will not always strive
To keep men’s hopes and dreams alive.
And when it ceases, wo is heard!
For progress stops without the Word
“The battles are not mine to fight
YOU’ll change the darkness into light.
My heav’n-ward cries, they were not muted
My heritage was not polluted!”
“For I was wary to oppose
The ones who sell their priestly clothes.
You said to bless them, not to curse.
I’ll follow Thee, for best or worst.”
         "A time shall come when Mother Earth
         Shall undergo the pangs of birth.
         Lord, hurt her not, till we can find
         The priestly to thy word aligned!"
         
------------------------------------------

I have offended against the generation of thy children.
When I think to know this, it is too painful for me;
Surely thou didst set me in slippery places to try my faith: now thou castest me down into destruction.

How am I brought into desolation, as in a moment!
I am utterly consumed with terrors!
As a dream when one awaketh; so, O Lord, when thou awakest, thou hast despised my image.

Thus my heart is grieved, and I am pricked in my reins.
So foolish was I, and ignorant: I was as a beast before thee.
My flesh and my heart faileth; for, lo, thou hast seen my whoring, and I am far from thee.



      "I say of the Lord: He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
      Surely he shall deliver me from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.

      He shall cover me with his feathers and wings: his truth shall be my shield and buckler." 

      "I shall not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; 
      Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; 
      Nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday."

      "A thousand of my brothers have fallen at my side, and ten thousand fathers at my feet; 
      But it shall not come nigh to me. Only with my eyes shalt I behold and see the coming reward.
      Because I have made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, my habitation."



No comments:

Post a Comment