Sunday, February 28, 2016

The Psalms: 11

Psalm Eleven

My beloved brethren, give ear to my words. Remember the greatness of the Holy One of Israel. Come unto the Lord, the Holy One. Remember that His paths are righteous. Behold, the way for man is narrow, but it lies in a straight course before him, and the keeper of the gate is the Holy One of Israel; and he employs no servant there; and there is none other way save it be by the gate; for he cannot be deceived, for the Lord God is his name.

O, my beloved brethren, remember my words. Behold, I put on your garments, and I walk with you; I pray the God of my salvation that He view me with His all-searching eye; wherefore, you will know at the last day, when all men shall be judged of their works, that the God of Israel did witness that I took your iniquities upon my soul, and that I stand with you before Him, and I plead for mercy for us.

O, my beloved brethren, let us turn away from our sins; let us shake off the chains of him that would bind us fast; come unto that God who is the rock of our salvation.

O the greatness and the justice of our God! For he executes all His words, and they have gone forth out of His mouth, and His law must be fulfilled. But behold, the righteous, the saints of the Holy One of Israel, they who have endured the crosses of the world and walked a mile with their brethren, and despised the shame of it, they shall inherit the kingdom of God, which was prepared for them from the foundation of the world. They shall be free and their joy shall be full forever.

Come, my brethren, everyone who thirsts come to the waters; and he who has no money, come and eat; yes, come receive wine and milk without money and without price. Hearken diligently unto me, and remember the words which I have spoken; and come unto the Holy One of Israel, and feast upon that which perishes not, neither can be corrupted, and let your soul delight in fatness and abundance, that we may have charity for the House of Israel.

No comments:

Post a Comment