Friday, February 5, 2016

The Psalms: 2

Psalm Two

I have set my King upon Zion's everlasting hills; and I will declare the decree, "The Lord has said to me, 'You are my son; this day I have begotten you.

'Ask of me, and I shall give you the Gentiles for your inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for your possession. Your people shall make the desolate cities to be inhabited.

'Do not fear, for you should not be ashamed; neither should you be confounded, for you will not be put to shame. For you, O Israel, will forget the shame and reproach of your youth; you will not remember the shame of your widowhood any more.

'You will break forth with a rod of iron, on the right hand and on the left; you will dash to pieces like a potter’s vessel crumbles; you will be as a lion among beasts of the forest who will tread down and tear into pieces, and none can deliver.'"

Therefore, you Gentile kings be wise; you priests be instructed. Remember your afflictions and be comforted. Fear only the punishment that comes of your own tongue and the bondage that comes at your own hands. Come unto Christ and lay hold upon every good gift, and touch not the evil gift, nor the unclean thing.

Go forth with all your might and cease not in your diligence, for blessed are all they that put their trust in Him; for the Lord works with his power in all cases among the children of men, extending the arm of mercy towards those who believe on his name.

No comments:

Post a Comment