Sunday, March 20, 2016

The Psalms: 13

Psalm 13

I waited patiently for the Lord; and he listened to me, and heard my cry. He brought me up also out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, out of the filthy water and set my feet upon a rock, and established my steps.

And he has put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God; even His doctrine: many shall see it, and do good to their enemies, and shall trust in the Lord.

Blessed is that man who makes the Lord his trust, and walks a mile with the proud, and agrees with his adversary while he is in the way with them.

Many, O Lord my God, are your wonderful works which you have done, and your thoughts which are toward us: they cannot be counted to you in order: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered.

Sacrifice and offering you did not desire; my ears you have opened: burnt offering and sin offering you have not required.

You once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for you shall you appear the second time without sin unto salvation. For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.

Then you said, "Behold, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me."

I delight to do your will, O my God: and your law is within my heart. I have preached righteousness in the great congregation: indeed, I have not refrained my lips, O Lord, you yourself know this is true.

I have not hid your righteousness within my heart; I have declared your faithfulness and your salvation: I have not concealed your loving kindness and your truth from the great congregation.

Do not withhold your tender mercies from us, O Lord: let your loving kindness and your truth preserve us from the desolation.

For many follies and abominations have surrounded us: our iniquities have taken hold upon them, so that they are not able to look up; therefore their hearts fail them. But I will not deny your power. I know your grace is sufficient, so I will look up and cry:

Be pleased, O Lord, to deliver us: O Lord, quickly help us.

Let them be blessed that seek after my soul to destroy it. Let them not be desolate for a reward of their shame that say to me, "Indicate with an oath!"

Let all those that seek you rejoice and be glad in your doctrine: let such as love your salvation be immersed in your name and say continually, "The Lord be magnified. Let there be good fruit."

I am poor and needy and only a fool; yet the Lord thinks upon me. You are my help and my deliverer; do not delay, O my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment