Wednesday, March 16, 2016

The Fathers

Faith of my Fathers! living still
In spite of dungeon, fire, and sword:
Oh, how my heart beats high with joy
Whene'er I hear His glorious Word.
Faith of my Fathers! Holy Faith!
I will be true with ev'ry breath.

Faith of my Father! Abraham,
Sought for the blessings of his kin.
The Holy Order, severed twain
Will be restored to man again!
Faith of my Father! Greater light--
Convince the nations of His might!

Faith of my Father! Jacob's son,
Egypt's deliverer, Pharaoh's hand.
Fruit of thy loins, a righteous branch
Calling us to the Promised Land.
Faith of my Father! Dreamer true!
I will believe my visions too!

Faith of my Father! played the lyre,
And with the psalt'ry sung the hymn.
A promise giv’n through Nathan bids,
"Build me a house to dwell within."
Faith of my Father! David, King!
Praises and thanks to God I sing!

Faith of my Father! Ancient Days!
Founder of Patriarchs and men.
One with my Mother, they will sing
To all mankind the Plan again!
Faith of my Father! Saw the Tree!
As I am able, let me see!

Faith of my Fathers! Pioneers!
Shall be released and fly to Heav'n:
How sweet would be their children's fate,
If they would search the promise giv'n!
Faith of our Fathers! Holy Faith!
We will deliver thee from death.

Faith of my Father! Gone too soon!
Leaving me as a child confused.
Thy absence taught this student blind
To look to Heav'n and questions muse!
Faith of my Father! Came to me!
A teacher marvelous are ye!

Faith of our Fathers! I will bless
Both friend and foe in all my strife:
This is the strait and priestly way
To gain a free and endless life!
Faith of our Fathers! Love confess!
Let us go forth in righteousness!

Faith of my Father! Holy One!
Showed us the way by blood He shed.
Succoring all, that He might know,
Christ holds the key for quick and dead.
Faith of my Father! Sin eschew!
I will do all I see thee do!

No comments:

Post a Comment