Sunday, June 5, 2016

The Song of Elijah

Got a rock and roll ditty
from the ones we should pity
at a country lane far away.
Drums are beatin'
and the bass repeatin'
but we're still asleep just the same.

Asleep! Comforted, warm!
(Who cares, they're all gone.)
C'mon, it won't take long,
we should be singin' Elijah's song!
Singin' Elijah's song!

We got a prophet says, "Daddy
will be made so glad if we
go lookin' for His comforting arms,"
and to go findin' His face
whatever our place,
but all the while they wait
for us to think about their fate.

Asleep! It's all well and good
to try to find Who we should.
Hey, it's time for leavin' the 'hood!
we should be singin' Elijah's song!
Singin' Elijah's song!

The idol of our fathers
is here.
We won't ever leave this place
I fear.
While we're wanderin' 'round
there's a song that they left in our head.

Dream, (that's what we do).
Dream, this dream'll come true.
Now that we're big and strong
let's remember Elijah's song.
Remember Elijah's song!
Remember Elijah's song!!
Remember Elijah's song!!!


--------------------------------------------------------------

And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them. Behold, I will show unto the Gentiles their weakness, and I will show unto them that faith, hope and charity bringeth unto me—the fountain of all righteousness.

And it came to pass that I prayed unto the Lord that he would give unto the Gentiles grace, that they might have charity for My People.

No comments:

Post a Comment