Friday, June 17, 2016

The Voice

To the Love of my Life:

"Sacred doing." That is the root definition of "sacrifice," it is written. Some suppose to sacrifice is to be willing to relinquish our most esteemed treasures--gold, property and even kin, in order to be rewarded with something even greater. Others conclude it is to forfeit our comfort and health, honing our senses by starving and inflicting ourselves in sackcloth and ashes. There are also many who, as righteous sacrifice, yield their wills to that of a higher power (following with exactness the whispered commands).

I will not point a finger of scorn or accusation at those who offer in sincerity a pound of flesh or gold. I will not disparage the ones who have audience with gods and angels. They have made sure something which I can only hope for.

But, my love, I have circled through these things for long enough to learn. While I became stronger I also grew ever dizzier, as a horse who grinds the mill, chasing the carrot dangling just in front of him but never quite reaching the prize.

So I must stop now and consider...What is most holy and sacred to me?

It is the piercing gaze of your azure eyes.
It is the soft, gentle touch of your compassionate hands.
It is a journey with you through the green groves and meadows.
It is the warm consoling embrace of your arms.

There is no crown so gilded, no promise so enduring, no reward so vast that I would exchange what we already share for kingdoms, powers or dominions.

For a season, I have sung like David, psalms in the language of the muses. Few have listened, but no matter. It was what my heart desired. Now it is time to leave the few for a time, with hope for them in my heart, and turn my sacred doings towards you. Which means pausing the song and closing the books for an intermission. It may have all been a whimsy and with the wind it will fade to nothing. Even so, the fruit tasted so delicious along the way!

Look at yonder tree, there is more to be had! Come, Dearest, let us go undertake our sacred works together!! That is the desire of my heart.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

And it came to pass that I prayed unto the Lord that he would give unto the Gentiles grace, that they might have charity for the House of Israel. "For thou hast manifested the rock of salvation unto the Gentiles, through the Holy Ghost; and thou hast blessed those who curse thee and caused it to rain on the just and the unjust alike. And now I know that this love which thou hast had for the children of men is charity; wherefore, except men shall have charity they cannot inherit that place which thou hast prepared in the mansions of thy Father."

And it came to pass that the Lord said unto me: Behold, there has been a great work in the land, even among the Gentiles, for their folly and their abominations have been manifest in the eyes of all people. I have shown them their weakness, and have shown unto them that faith, hope and charity bringeth unto me the fountain of all righteousness.

Hearken O ye Gentiles to the voice of the Lord which has been manifested unto you. Spend not in vain the talent which has been given unto you, but make your weaknesses strong and build your house upon the rock of your Redeemer.

He that believeth the things which the Lord hath spoken, him has he visited with the manifestations of his Spirit, and he does know and has born record to you. And the Lord said: remember, whatsoever thing persuadeth men to do good is of me; for good cometh of none save it be of me. I am the same that leadeth men to all good; he that will not believe my words which have sounded in your ears will not believe me—that I am; and he that will not believe me will not believe the Father who sent me. For behold, I am the Father, I am the light, and the life, and the truth of the world.

Come unto me, O ye Gentiles, and I will show unto you the greater things, the knowledge which is hid up because of unbelief. Believe and follow that which has been written upon your hearts. Speak not stout words against me, but think upon my name that ye may be immovable in the time of desolation. Then in that day when I make up my jewels I will spare you Gentiles as a man spareth his own son that serveth him. And all nations shall call you blessed, for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the Lord of Hosts.

Therefore, repent all ye ends of the earth, and come unto me, and believe in my gospel, and be immersed in my name; for he that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned; and signs shall follow them that believe in my name. And blessed is he that is found faithful unto my name at the last day, for he shall be lifted up to dwell in the kingdom prepared for him from the foundation of the world. And behold it is I that hath manifested it unto the Gentiles. Amen.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

We've been taken back to school
To learn and love the golden rule
Now I lay it on the line
To sing the music one more time
Oh, let me tell you again
Can you feel it
I will tell you again
Tonight

Every gentile heart it seems
Is carried by a world of dreams
Each and every rising sun
Is lifted by the Holy One
Oh, let me tell you again
Can you feel it
I will tell you again
Tonight

'Cause out on the ocean of life my loves
There's so many storms we must rise above
Can you hear the Spirit calling
As it's carried across the waves
You've so long been falling
It's calling you back to face the music
And the song that is coming through
You're no longer falling
The one that it's calling is you!

Make a promise take a vow
And trust your feelings it's easy now
Understand the voice within
And feel the changes already beginning
Oh, let me tell you again
Can you feel it
I will tell you again
Tonight

And how many words have I got to say
And how many times will it be this way
With your arms around the future
And your back up against the past
You've so long been falling it's calling you
On to face the music
And the song that is coming through
You're no longer falling
The one it's calling is you!!

Every gentile heart it seems
Is being shown a world of dreams
Look and see the rising sun
You'll find the kind and loving One
Oh, let me tell you again
Can you feel it
I will tell you again
Tonight


No comments:

Post a Comment