Monday, March 20, 2017

A Proclamation

The Question

Veni Mecum (est Ecclesia)

Come with me. Will you come to the pews and the halls,
Where the Spirit of Worship is strong in our walls,
Where the prophets and people in harmony be
In the joys of vast fellowship? Please, come with me.

Come with me, all ye faithful and blest to Nauvoo,
Come to the Twelve, and the Seventies, too,
Come to the Elders, and our great company,
I cherish your presence. Please, come with me.

Come with me. Learn the future, the present and past;
The Plan of our Lord, the First and the Last.
Here's found the "Fountain of Life," and the "Tree,"
The Prophets and Seers. Please! Come with me.

Come. Add your gifts and your talents and power.
Come. Join our Sabbath and worshiping hour.
Come, my dear friend there is room in this place.
Come share your heart. Come show your face.

I ask you this question, to those who have fled
Will you come drink our water and come eat our bread?
Our yearnings and struggles so similar be...
Come join with us, brother. Yes, come with me!
---------------------------------------------------------------
The Answer

Ibo ad ecclesiam

I will go, I will go, to the home of the Saints,
Where the virtue's the value, and life the reward;
But before I return to my former estate
I must ask forgiveness from you and the Lord.

And in turn I give it to those who offend
Whether by their swift judgment or the harsh words they say
For what good does charity do in the in end
If asking, I do not return it today?

So, hear, O ye heavens, and give ear O earth;
And rejoice ye inhabitants, women and men;
I'll walk with you brother, in jubilant mirth,
I'll sup in your cultural halls once again.

God's ways are a wonder; his wisdom is great;
The extent of his doings, there's none can unveil;
His purposes fail not; with all He relates;
His love is the same, although we may fail.

I will go, I will go, I will raise my right hand,
When asked to sustain all the Brethren true;
I'll follow the Lord and obey His command.
I will go, I will go, brother, I will go there with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment