Monday, May 18, 2015

The Human Race

"Put the blood upon your door!"

"How can a simple act of gore
Repel the dark and draw the light? 
No lamb chops for my meal tonight!"


"Look to the serpent on the staff!"

"That silly snake? Don't make me laugh!
It's bad enough he gave the sting.
Gazing it won't do a thing!"


"Show your faith and make the plunge!"

"What do you think I am, a sponge?
It makes no sense to so restate 
The act I did when I was eight!"

------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------

"Quench my thirst and dim my eyes!"

"I will be slow to hear your cries.
All you had to do was look
And then your name would ink the book.

"How could I know of your desire
To keep from burning in the fire?
I sent my word, you made no sign.
You ate no bread, you drank no wine.

"So now your hope lies in the few
That someday might remember you.
Call their names while they are free.
Perhaps they'll show YOU charity."

------------------------------------------

Another path has now been shown.
The hearts of all mankind are known.
Convincing them that what they see
Will save them all and make them free.

We take this journey as a race
Of human kind to see God's face.
So let us walk it hands combined
And heal the deaf, the maim, and blind.

His love is free, there is no price,
No pound of flesh, no sacrifice.
All He needs is our belief
To heal our race and give relief!

No comments:

Post a Comment